“The devil whispered in my ear, ‘You’re not strong enough to withstand the storm.’ I whispered in the Devil’s ear, ‘I am the storm.'”
When I heard this particular mantra and incantation come through my headphones, it sent shivers down my spine. It flooded my whole body with goosebumps. What is it about the boldness, the fierce courage, and the satisfaction of standing up for yourself that gets me every, single, time? I’m not sure why I was built this way. Why I thrive off of helping others seek their own self-empowerment. All I know is this. It feeds me just as much as it feeds those I work with.
The biggest self-empowerment rests in your ability to claim your identity. The one that you create for yourself, not adopt from your heritage or society. What’s the easiest and fastest way for you to do this? You can claim YOU for yourself by creating mantras/incantations. You declare who you are, and claim your power for developing that version of yourself. It requires intention. And I love me some life with intention. I am the storm. I am stronger than what comes my way.
Here is a simple exercise for you to try to figure out what mantra or incantation resonates with you most.
- First, you must determine how you want to feel. This is your compass. This plots your endpoint for this exercise in particular.
- Find a place where you can sit in solitude for a few minutes.
- Sit comfortably in an upright position.
- Close your eyes.
- Draw in a few deep breaths. Draw out even deeper breaths.
- Then, recall a time when you felt the way you want to feel. For example, if you want to feel more confident, recall a time when you felt so unbelievably confident. Confident with so much certainty that not-confident wasn’t an option.
- Recite the words: I AM…. and after each “I am,” insert your words. My incantations sometimes look like this: I AM COMPASSIONATE. I AM COURAGEOUS. I AM DYNAMIC. I AM LOVED. I AM LOVE.
Living a life without regrets requires intention.
Contact Me if you’re ready to create the change you’ve been waiting for.
You need to live YOUR life. No one else can, or ever will. Don’t waste your gift. #SingularPresence